Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

the first 2 steps..

Last night (May 20, 2013), while I was busy searching for Renzo's colored pencils, Daddy witnessed Rynus holding on his water bottle and WALKING TWO STEPS from his chair towards me! Our helper has told him that Rynus started walking one step recently but I am sure nothing beats catching that very moment of his son's first walk with his own eyes!! I didn't get to see that although I was just less than one meter away from Rynus, but I got to feel how excited Daddy was from all his (gentle) screaming and cheering!

As expected, Rynus started to flip, crawl, stand, and walk earlier than his elder brother. Yes Renzo was pretty... lazy I must say and preferred to be carried all the time when he was a baby. By now, I have learned not to compare my two boys though I know clearly what their differences are, in terms of their physical and mental development. All kids will learn at their own pace and master the necessary skills sooner or later.

It's true that Rynus baby is not able to repeat simple words like CAR, APPLE, BALL after us, not able to point out where is one particular object, not able to differentiate LION and SOCKS while playing flashcards, not able to lift up his index finger to tell us he's one year old,  and not able to "poke" his tummy when we ask where's Rynus baby.. All these are things Renzo could respond very well when he was at this age. And I checked through the list of Renzo's first 50 words at about 1 year 2 months old, I do not think Rynus can master those in another 2 months time, but, I am not concerned at all! He is uniquely adorable in his own way, in fact the frowning and tearing on his face when I shouted "OUCHHH" after he bit me on my arm, is the cutest expression I've ever seen! So I know for sure that he observes, feels and understands what's happening around him, all he needs is just time, to learn how to express himself.

In any case, the first 2 steps he took on his own, was definitely one of his biggest milestones achieved in the past few months!

0 comments:

Post a Comment