Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Rynus "mei mei"??

When Renzo was much younger, many strangers asked me if he is a girl, probably because he has rather fair complexion and soft hair. My mother in law's neighbor who's been staying next to us for a year plus, congratulated us for having one boy and one girl (好) in the family after I delivered Rynus, because he thought Renzo is a girl despite seeing and speaking to him almost everyday.

For Rynus, we have even more such encounters and especially after we moved into our new place recently, and met many new friends around our neighborhood, we've been asked countless times about whether Rynus is a boy, or a girl. Obviously, Rynus has much fairer skin, softer hair than Renzo, and, bigger eyes for sure. 

I met a couple at the pool side one day, while bringing Renzo and Rynus for a walk, the uncle spoke to me in Chinese: "You have one GIRL and one BOY?", he then turned to Renzo and asked "You are the Jiejie(elder sister)?", I responded immediately, "Nope uncle, he's the Korkor (elder BROTHER)!", the uncle looked confused, then he smiled at Rynus and said, "Sorry sorry, uncle was wrong, you are the baby GIRL!!"..
 
Just a few days later, when my mother brought Rynus down to the playground, an old aunty introduced herself and her 17 months old grandchild to my mother. My mother said to Rynus, "Baby, say hello Korkor..", the aunty corrected her, "Nope, this is my granddaughter!". My mother felt embarrassed and kept Rynus busy at the slide for the rest of the time there. Till she decided to bring Rynus home, the old aunty walked over and said to her granddaughter, "say bye bye Meimei (younger sister)!!".. Now this time, guess who's feeling even more embarrassed?!

I know Daddy Chan will be very upset to see this, but I promise, I won't play with their hair again and I will never dress them up like dolls, never ever!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment